Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Where are you radio Christmas?

One of my favorite parts about Christmas is the carols. Back in Connecticut, Star 99.9 was the only station played on my car radio from Thanksgiving through Christmas Day. It was non-stop Christmas songs. Various versions, various songs, and even a few parodies. As I was driving to work this morning, searching the very limited number of radio stations for one that was playing a carol or two, I stopped on one that was playing "Angels We Have Heard on High".


"Ah, finally a Christmas carol that I can sing to." So I began belting out the words until I realized that the people on the radio weren't singing the same words as me. Upon closer listen, I realized that they in fact were singing the same words as me, just in Spanish. Channel changed.


Yes it is sad that I haven't found a radio station that compares to the Christmas caroling of Star 99.9. I have resulted to flipping through station after station hoping that I will catch one that is playing a holiday tune. But I have yet to find one that plays one of my favorite Christmas parodies of all time. Here, have a listen...



Ah, the joys of Christmas. Well until I can coax a radio station here to play their Christmas music non-stop from Thanksgiving through Christmas, I guess it's Pandora Radio for me. Thank God for the N*SYNC Christmas Radio : )

No comments:

Post a Comment