Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Out with '10 and in with '11

It's that time of year again people. Time to think of what you want to do/see/change/be in the New Year. People have already started asking me if I have a New Year's resolution. Me? Heck, I've made resolutions all year long. I don't need to wait till the clock strikes midnight and we're suddenly in 2011.

And then I got to think about 2011. 2010 was a busy year for me and maybe 2011 will be the year to slow down and pick up the messes of 2010. I wouldn't say that there is just one thing that I resolve to do this year. My husband, or anyone who knows me for that matter, can tell you that I always have a thousand things going on at the same time. A project here, a project there. I was never very good with montony.

So what are some of the things that I want to do in 2011? Well let's see...
  • I want to build something. Most likely a piece of furniture. A headboard for my bedroom to be more specific.
  • I want to try out the whole going to the gym in the morning thing. Although I am the opposite of a morning person, my lack of gym time over the last 5 months has taken a toll on me. It's time to get my butt back into gear and 5:30am seems to be the only time I can fit it into my schedule.
  • I want to start crafting more. Wedding crafts were one thing. I want to make crafts that maybe can turn into a business one day.
  • I want to spend more time with the Lord. Spending time in His word has been the best relaxation lately. It's calming and I don't think that there was ever a better Teacher.
  • I want to see the happiest of days in people's lives - three of my best friends to be exact. 2011 will be the year of weddings for us and I can't wait to see the days that Emily, Michelle, and Kaitlin get married. 
But most of all, I want write more. I think that the blog is ready for a face lift too. This is my outlet and my way to stay in touch with the people who mean the most to me.

So will 2011 be a better year than 2010? I'm not sure how it could top one of the best years in my life but I'm sure as heck gonna try!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of starting like a "craft of the week" thing on my blog...we should craft from afar and share our craftiness :)

    ReplyDelete