Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Save the Date!

I am a very DIY kind of girl. If I could make everything for this wedding myself, I would. But being 2500 miles away from where we're getting married doesn't exactly make that an easy task so I am looking for less costly alternatives. One of the things that I was really adament about was making was my save the date cards. 

I have seen so many great looking save the dates...like this one:
And then I have seen some not so good ones...like this:
Both were quite helpful...and no, our guests won't be receiving a "date" getting saved from the train...and I saw the goods and the bads of the Save the Date spectrum.

When I was researching, I remembered how we used to have postcards printed for sorority events through VistaPrint. They always came out great and best of all it was CHEAP! I knew that it was my best option and at $35 for 100 5" x 7" cards with envelopes, I knew I wasn't going to find anything better. Now I just needed to come up with my design...

I wanted something that spoke to who Griff and I were and the life that we had here but wasn't throwing it in your face. I also didn't want something that looked like a tribute to our stunning photos : ) After visiting the ski hill one day, my soon-to-be-sister-in-law took an awesome picture of us on the ski lift. I played around with it and viola! I had our Save-the-Dates. There was still something about it though that I just didn't think was right.

So when Emily was here last weekend, I had her take a few shots of us where this wedding journey began: the spot where Griff proposed. I played around with the pictures all week and this time, it felt like we had gotten it.

Stay tuned for the final product : )

(C'mon, you didn't think that I was going to reveal them before our guests got them did you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment