Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blast From the Past: Finding a Venue

Haven't blogged in awhile. Thinks on the wedding front have been quiet for a little while. Since most of the big things are done, we've taken a little break...although I have to get my Save the Dates out pretty quickly!

In the "time to get back to blogging" nature, I have decided to "back blog"..ya know, talk about some stuff that's already happened.

Even before Griff and I got engaged, I knew that I wanted to get married in Connecticut. Until last October, I had lived in the same town my whole life and I knew that it wasn't likely that I would ever live there again. So I knew that I wanted to spend one of the most important days of my life in the place that I will always call home.

Being a creative person at heart, I knew that I didn't want to get married in a place that was "normal". No banquet hall for me. So after he placed that ring on my finger (have I ever mentioned that it is a BEAUTIFUL ring?) , the search began.

I considered a few places...the Carousel House at Lighthouse Point, the Maritime Aquarium, and the Wadsworth Mansion at Long Hill. All beautiful places and all completely capable of hosting our special day. But I knew that those places weren't really "me and Griff". I was getting married in Connecticut but I wanted to bring some of the feel of Montana back there with us.

And that's when I came upon The Barns at Wesleyan Hills. It was exactly what I was looking for. So I gathered my mom and my sister and some friends and went to check it out. Here are some pictures from our excursion:

Inside the Barn

A clean slate...hmmm, what can I think up?

This patio will be tented and the bar and cocktail hour will be out here...and there won't be any snow : )

Outside the Barns!

The unique look of The Barns and the amazing reviews made my decision very easy. With all of that "raw" space, I have creative liberty to do whatever I want when it comes to decorating..although the barn itself is a great back drop. With my creative juices flowing, I better get to the drawing table!

No comments:

Post a Comment