Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Etsy Obsessed

I'm often jealous of people who have artistic talent. Sure I have talent when I really put my mind to something, but there are just some people who can take that needle and thread and create a masterpiece or hop on their computer and produce an amazing picture.

Today, I am no longer jealous of those people, but grateful. Griff and I have been trying to find ways to cut costs for this wedding as I mentioned with the Save the Date cards. If you haven't taken a look at Etsy.com, go...now. I promise you won't be sorry.

This website is chock-ful of great handmade things including invitations, signs, favors, and accessories. And the great thing is, it's not just for people who are getting married. You can find handmade clothing, handbags, and much, much more.

One of my favorite finds the other day was the handmade tutus from this talented artist.


Since we don't have  a flower girl and there is no way I could get my nephews into one of these, I kept searching.
So what did I find? A graphic designer who will create a PDF or JPEG file for your invitations, reception cards, and RSVPs so that you can print them yourself. The suite runs at about $40. She'll even create files for your table numbers, menus, programs and anything else that you can think of to go along with the motif that you have chosen.

If these Save the Dates come out half decent, I could have the invites print the same way and walk away with gorgeous invites for a fraction of the cost.

Now you see why I'm obsessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment