Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

5 months and counting

So yesterday started the 5 month mark and I'm starting to realize that our wedding is slowly acquiring a another "theme"...procrastination.

It's a normal part of conversation these days for someone to simply say, "How are the wedding plans coming?" And sometimes I wish that I had better answer than "They're coming along." Until I stopped to think about it...the plans are coming along but in reality so is this wedding! I just might blink and it it will be here.

So what does that mean? Well I think that it's time to take the "procrastination" theme and toss it out the window...I'm not sure that one is going to incorporate very well with my visions. Next, I have to have some serious alone time with my checklist. After all, it's the only thing that is going to keep me on track.

There are plenty of things to do still...like call a florist for instance. Yes, I know what was I thinking. No florist? But think about how that conversation would go..."How about these ranunculus?...Well they look a little like a rose that's very open and lost some petals" Before you know it, I'd be Google flowers, guessing what they would look like in my bouqet. I think I'll pass. 

And then there's the invitations...I swear, when I head back to Connecticut this month, I'm going to finalize my decision. I just needed a little help from Mom.

And of course the centerpieces, table decorations, church decorations, place cards, cake...See what I mean?

5 months...that's 150 days. It seems like a long time but it's really not. This trip back home at the end of the month is going to be a serious reality check. I've made all my appointments, thought of all the things that I want to accomplish, and rounded up some good ol' fashion help.

By the time we get home, it will be close to the 4 month mark and the clock will just tick faster and faster as each day passes. Whether I get everything done or not..it's still going to be the most amazing day ever : )

No comments:

Post a Comment