Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

50 Shades of Blue

Last night I began to pack up all of the brushes, rollers, and trays that were scattered around the house our little painting adventure. And all I have to say is "Hallelujah!" Surprisingly I knew exactly what colors I wanted where and my choices only resulted in returning one can of terribly, awful green paint. But visiting that wall of paint chips can often be daunting.

Who knew that there were 50 different shades of blue? And imagine having the job of naming those colors? "Hmmm, I'm feeling like this one should be called Maine Shoreline Blue." I didn't even recall the shoreline in Maine even being blue.

Holding those chips up next to each other, there was often a slight difference in their color but hardly any that I cared about. So I would gather up 10 different paint chips and do what my mom used to do (that is until she discovered those little containers of sample paint). I taped them to the wall and stood back to examine and compare. Still no difference to me.

So I settled for Whisper Blue and returned to the paint store only to be asked what kind of finish I wanted. Finish? I want a quick finish that's what I want. So like a little kid in school, I sat back and listened to the Paint Man give me the 411 on the best finishes for each room in my house. 

After painting 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a hallway, a 30ft x 30ft living room, and a kitchen...I'm done. I'm putting it all away...until I have to paint the downstairs.

Winter project anyone?  

No comments:

Post a Comment