Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Snow?! Are you serious?!

I remember when I was little and I would see that first hint of winter. It usally came in the form of frost on the front yard or seeing your breath as you waited for the bus in the morning. And even more happiness came when you saw that first snow fall of the season. 

Now in Connecticut that was usually around the first week of December or sometimes even later. We would covet that first day when the weatherman declared it a snow day and when it was perfectly ok to throw on 3 layers when it came time to play outside.

Well here in Montana that first snow fall came yesterday. It was Friday, September 17th. Needless to say, I didn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling that I usually get about the first snow fall. As people posted on my Facebook wall that certain parts of the country were still experiencing 90 - 100 degree weather, the great state of Montana officially began its cold season with a small amount of the fluffy white stuff. 

I watched the snow fall outside my window and laughed hysterically with Griff as Tana walked gingerly through the lawn, chasing snowflakes.

So this is...ready or not. Here comes winter.

The view out of our front window....complete with snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment