Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Do you have a golden voice?

Since viewing the video yesterday, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Ted Williams and his golden voice which truly is a God given gift. It's smooth and has a calming nature to it. Williams has been given a second chance at life after battling drug and alcohol addiction and homelessness. With offers from companies like the Cleveland Cavaliers and KRAFT foods, the man with the golden voice has been given the golden opportunity to get off the streets and start his life fresh.

But as I thought about it in my own life, I couldn't think of something that I needed a second chance in. Of course my life doesn't look anything like Williams' did just a few short weeks ago but do we necessarily need to have it be something that large to get a second chance?

I think that everyday we are looking for that second chance; looking to re-do a day in our lives, looking to stop doing something that is causing us pain, looking to fight that Goliath that is scaring us away. And Ted's story seems to give anyone looking for it some hope.

And I pray that he holds tight to this second chance. He's made a few promises to people that will hopefully allow him to be successful in this second life. The first was to his mother who reconnected with her son in New York City following his Today Show appearance and the second was to God, whom he prayed to everyday asking for his mother to be able to live to see the day when he was off the streets.

I hope and pray that when you are looking for that second chance, you will be as successful in finding it as Williams was. I hope and pray that you are able to make promises to people to stay successful just like Williams did. And I hope and pray that whatever it is that you are looking for, you will all find your golden voice.

1 comment:

  1. I loved what he said about God and his faith on his GMA interview!!

    ReplyDelete