Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Movin' On

Wow..I am really slacking with all of my blogging! But I have good reason...so let me explain.

My last day at the Foundation was on Friday so I was trying to get myself caught up there and get ready for the HUGE benefit that I was organizing basically by myself. My hours were getting longer and longer and the time that I was having at home to relax was shorter and shorter.

To add to that, Griff went back on his alert schedule of going out to the field about 8 times a month. So I was trying to get in as much time with him as I could and still figure out everything at work.

Yesterday, I started my new job. I know, no time off in between?! Am I crazy?! I'm starting to think that I am but I had promised the Foundation that I would stay until after the benefit and the new job needed me right away.

So here I am, at my new job...and I have to tell you, I'm happy as a pig in mud. This is the job that I have been wanting for a very long time. I'm back to my calling...back on my career path...planning events. And these are BIG events.

Here at the Montana ExpoPark, I'll be planning concerts, sporting events, tradeshows and rodeos (I mean c'mon I live in Montana. I have to plan a rodeo!). And then there's the big one, the State Fair. What can be more exciting than planning the STATE FAIR?!

It feels so good to be able to say that I am finally working a job that is right in line with what I want to do - plan events and work with people to make them happen.

Although the last weeks of my old job were stressful, planning that benefit made me realize that coming to the ExpoPark was the right move for me. I love events. I love the details, I love the people that you get to work with, and I love the creativity.

And now that the transition is starting, maybe I can get back to loving the details, loving the people, and loving the creativity of planning my wedding...nah, I'll wait till next week ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment