Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3500 miles and I'm still alive!

3500 miles, 54 hours, 12 tanks of gas, and countless food stops later and I'm still alive. (And I think that I still have 3 friends and a husband!) I should warn you though, road trips are not for the weak at heart. It honestly took everything in my power to get me through the trip.

Take for instance the fact that I consented to driving all the way through the night on our way there just so that we could make an open bar (that was the guys' idea!) but was totally vetoed when I begged and pleaded that we stop overnight on our way back. Not everyone can pull 2 all nighters in a matter of 5 days (hello college!)Or that there were 5 people (3 boys and 2 girls) crammed into a pickup truck that smelled like rotten eggs and sweaty feet by the time we crawled out of it yesterday. Diane and I blame it on the boys.

But it's not all bad. There were is so much that you get to see when you're on a roadtrip. Things that make you laugh and things that make you cry. So here are some of the things that I got to see during this trip.

Your typical "Biggest {fill in the blank} in the World" kind of displays. This one was obviously named the Enchanted Highway (I don't see it either)

 Interesting city names.

 My husband drinking milk from a carton and eating oreos while reading Glamour. That much time in the car can do that to a person.
  
Beautiful sunsets...
  
...and beautiful sunrises.

The Ohio River from atop a riverboat. 

The Cinncinati skyline after a really hard rain. 

But best of all, we got to see two friends tie the knot...

If you asked me yesterday I would have said, "I'm not doing that again for a while." But today, I know that I would do it again in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I do and I don't wish I could have expereienced that trip with you all haha.

    ReplyDelete