Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Maybe I should have had a royal wedding

Ah, tis the season for weddings. I mean I should know - we've got 4 in the next 3 months. Ok well 3. One has already come and gone...but I digress. We all know that 2011 will be the year of the biggest wedding since Princess Diana and Prince Charles. As it should be. Prince William will marry Kate Middleton in a ceremony as large as the one of Charles and Diana.

I had been doing a search this afternoon for something related to a wedding gift when Google instantly brought up a website for Royal Wedding souvenirs. Clicking through, it was quite comical to see what some people had come up with. Some of the best I found?

Well you've got the standard William and Kate bobblehead...


And the officially minted coin...

But then you have the crazy ones. Royal wedding condoms anyone?

My all time favorite? Royal wedding barf bags complete with the phrase "Throne Up" on top. What someone might need these for is beyond me but I'm sure people are buying them.


I wonder what kind of souvenirs I would have if I had a royal wedding....

With 14 days left, I'm sure that Kate is sitting pretty somewhere while the whole country of England tends to every last wedding detail. I wonder if she is having as much fun looking at the ways that people are cashing in on her nuptials like we are?

No comments:

Post a Comment