Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh Valentine's Day

Hearts and roses, chocolate and cards and a day to say show everyone around you how much you love them. Who wouldn't enjoy a holiday like that?


You're looking at her...ok you're not really looking at me but I would be the first one to raise my hand if someone asked that question. Some people (mainly women) don't understand why I don't get all giddy school girl when it comes to Valentine's Day. Why?

Because I don't need a holiday or a card or a box of chocolate to tell someone that I love them.


My husband - I probably tell him I love him more than 30x a day. And no it's not just the honeymoon phase. My family, my friends - I'm constantly saying I love you when I end a conversation with them or I send them an encouraging word when they're having a bad day.


And most of all, I highly dislike the decorating for Valentine's Day. Now Christmas? I get antsy without the decorations as you saw in this post. But all that pink and red stuff around my house? No thanks - definitely not a priority of mine.

So maybe there is something wrong with me but I bet there so many others out there that feel the same as I do. Of course I will do something special for my hubby (I have some cute, meaningful ideas up my sleeve) but it's not really a necessary holiday for me. Sorry Hallmark.

3 comments:

  1. ehhh hemmmmmm edit this blog a bit on how you dont like vday but u dont like the holiday u like feb 14th otherwiseeee you wouldnt know mee hehe<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you help me with meaningful ideas? We've had 10 already and it's getting old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little- I was thinking about you the whole time I was writing this! That is exactly why I still love the day : )

    Kait- Last year I took one of those signature frames and wrote all over it the reasons why I love him and put our picture in it. Of course its in a box right now but I'll hang it in the house at some point. This year I'm making different beer labels with cute sayings...kinda dorky but I think that we're dorky people so its ok :)

    ReplyDelete