Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

As I mentioned before, I'm not really all that into Valentine's Day so when my husband mentioned that he had bought something for me, I knew that I needed to get him something but I didn't know what. Last year I made him this frame with our picture in it that has all the things that I love about him handwritten around the mat. And I wasn't sure if I could top that this year.

And then I thought, "Well why do I have to do something different from what I do every day? Isn't there something that he loves that I could put a little extra twist into to show a little extra love today?" Cooking! My husband loves my cooking.

"Hunny, I'm going to make you and extra special meal for Valentine's Day. Anything that you want. I'll even skip my lunch and come home an hour early and make it. No matter how hard it is. Whatever you want."

He pondered it for a bit and thougths were running through my head too..."Is he going to want steak...or maybe a roast." And then he stopped...

"How about lasagna?" I was blown away. Lasagna? That's an easy one! "Well yeah. I haven't had lasagna in a while and that sounds really good to me."

So that's what we're having tonight. Lasagna. It's the simple things that make my husband happy - and that's one of the biggest reasons why I love him.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment