Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Blast From the Past: Asking My Bridesmaids

Choosing my bridesmaids never took very much time. I always knew that my sisters would be there with me and my childhood best friends and my best friends from my college years. Realizing that I couldn't have 15 bridesmaids was made it even harder...

And then came the task of figuring out how to ask them all. I had been keeping it a secret from a few select friends, making it sound like I was only having my 4 sisters (Lauren, Lindsay, Jozee, and Baylee) but I thought it was best to keep it a surprise. I wanted to be able to tell them all in person so I needed to come up with something fast. My trip home for Christmas was going to be the perfect time to present my bridesmaids with a little something.

So I searched and searched, read blogs, and scoured websites for a cute idea for asking my bridesmaids. I wanted it to be personal...unlike my soon-to-be-husband's way of asking his groomsmen. "Hey man, I think that you're going to have to be in my wedding," were the exact words I heard come out of his mouth when asking a friend one day in the car. I was shocked but none of them seemed to bat an eye...I guess it's a guy thing.

Throughout my quest, I came upon ideas of homemade cards, decorated cookies, and even custom labels for wine bottles but none of those were my style...so I put on my thinking cap and this is what I came up with:

Each of the BMs were given a brown box tied with green ribbon (the start to my lovely color palette). Inside the box was a Ring Pop and the following poem (penned by yours truly!) on a white card:
Notice the question mark in the dress hanger? This was an inexpensive project that I think gave a little more personalization to my asking...instead of the "I guess you're going to have to be in my wedding" way.

And the final product came out just how I had imagined it...(photos to come!)

2 comments:

  1. It was perfect! and I loved watching the girls open it up! the looks on their faces! so creative Al! Can't wait to see all your creativity come to life on the big day as well!!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete