Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

I had a long conversation with a great friend tonight, updating her on the past couple of months; wedding planning, life in Montana, etc. We both marveled at the fact that we spent almost everyday with each other for a year and have gone months without talking.

Sad, yes...but a phone call like that is something that always amazes me. No matter how long it has been, there are people in your life that you can go long periods of time without talking to and yet, the conversation almost seems to pick up where you left off last.

And those are the types of people that we want involved in our special day.

Of course we have our bridal party who are all special to us in so many ways but we want the whole day to be a joint effort with the people that we all care for and respect the most.

Along the way, I have tried to continuously remember that as I choose the different elements of the wedding - the reception site, the ceremony, even the decorations - this is not only going to be a day to celebrate our marriage but to celebrate it alongside the people who have been there along the way.

So I was honored when my friend agreed to make the array of cupcakes that will take the place of a tradtional cake at the wedding. And what made it even more special was that she was honored as well. In time that I had known her, she was always making a themed cake for this party or for this shower and I couldn't think of anything more delectable to have at our wedding than some of her homemade confections.

Not only do I know the baker personally but she knows me pretty well too. I won't have to worry that something isn't going to look the way that I want and I definetely don't have to worry that something won't taste good (I have eaten a lot of her baked goods in the past and they are definetely tasty). And to just know that someone that is close to me has helped to make our day all that much better means so much to me.

So as we pull ideas and talk about flavors and toppings and all that good stuff, I will always be reminded that my special day wouldn't be complete without the help of so many others...after all, that's what friends (and family) are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment